Mea culpa, mea culpa ...

I have committed a grave sin. Or, actually I am in the process of committing a grave sin. One thing agents say is to have a completed manuscript when you send in a query. I believed I was at that stage when I first sent out queries. But my Sandra Bond moment forced me to change my start, and now I am filling in cracks throughout my manuscript.

What I had before was the nice skeletal element of a novel with some sinew on it. Now I am adding more muscle and covering it all with skin. There will be a complete, deep novel in place in the next few days. I have been hammering away at changes for the past week, and I am dedicating the next two days off to continuing the process.

So, excuse me, but I must get back to my sins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestling with the idea of white privilege

Western boy adjusts to the South

On being out of journalism for one year