An Anthem For Novelists

I get to blend a literary theme with my love for Paul Simon again. My son Stephen told me about this song a few months ago. I loved it, and I hope you will, too.

Parts of it are so honest. I often arrived home after work and headed straight to my computer because some idea started rolling around my brain on the drive home. I have bolted awake in the middle of the night with another brilliant idea, and I have tiptoed downstairs and hammered away at my keyboard to bring it to life. A 2 a.m. writing session stretches into a 4:30 a.m. writing session ... but that's part of the deal. And I have taken my title and tossed it in the trash.

Of course, there are parts of the song at which I rebel. I hope my compatriots regard my brain cell count as higher than Simon's character, and I don't it just for the cash ... although financial reward would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestling with the idea of white privilege

Western boy adjusts to the South

On being out of journalism for one year