Comfortable Place For A Unpublished Writer

I am still in a waiting stage ... one agent has replied, another rejection ... but I am so much more comfortable with where my novel is now versus where it was. And I was confident in what I had done before. Now it's just a matter of finding a match with an agent. Time will tell.

I haven't made it easy on myself. My work is fiction, and fiction is harder to sell. My work is mainstream fiction, and that is hard to sell. My novel doesn't dovetail nicely with any established work, so I can't hook onto the coattails of "True Blood" or "Harry Potter," and there aren't spies, detectives, goblins or ghouls running around my pages. I like it that way. I like being original, and from all my research, my novel is very original. I have Googled plot line aspects, and there are no direct hits. That's a good thing. One of the people who read my opening four chapters suggested I check out "Sarah's Key" to see how closely that matched what I had done. It brushes my novel only in the most obscure manner.

And I have to get back to writing the second book in this trilogy. I enjoy advancing these characters, and they have been in limbo for far too long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestling with the idea of white privilege

Western boy adjusts to the South

On being out of journalism for one year